Friday 19th September 2008, Paget Rooms, Penarth
Theme: Renewable Energy and ‘Secrets of the Severn’.
The forum was held on Friday the 19th of September at the Paget Rooms in Penarth. There followed a cruise of the estuary on the MV Balmoral to Clevedon on the English coast, and a sail past of Steep Holm and Flat Holm Islands, before returning to Penarth. The day was hailed as an outstanding success by many organisers and delegates alike. This was the 3rd Forum Conference for the Severn Estuary, hosted by SEP following recommendations of the Strategy for the Severn Estuary (2001).
A wide range of representatives from government, industry and Severn Estuary communities attended to discuss common interests and working together for the sustainable future of the Severn Estuary.
3rd Severn Estuary Forum Flyer Flyer advertising Severn Estuary Forum 2008.
Programme of events The event included a series of conference talks followed by an afternoon cruise on the MV Balmoral between Penarth and Clevedon.
The Presentations at the Paget Rooms are available in Powerpoint .ppt format, listed in the order they were given below
- Welcome Address Natasha Barker, WWF 502KB
- Tidal Power: Management & Mechanisms Gary Shanahan, BERR 1.24MB
- Tidal Power: The Options Peter Kydd, Parsons Brinckerhoff 940KB
- Flooding: The Forecast Nick Lyness, Environment Agency 4.04MB
- A Modern Port John Chaplin, Bristol Port Company 1.72MB
- Tale of a Tunnel Geoff Ballinger, BBC Wales 34.44MB
- Wild Spaces and Places Dave Paynter, WWT Slimbridge 3.09MB
- A Blast from the Past Peter Kavanagh, Severn Estuary Fisherman's Association 14.79MB
Slideshow Images of the day