Ramblers Association CentralOffice
2nd Floor Camelford House
87-90 Albert Embankment
London SE1 7TW
Telephone: 020 7339 8500
Ramblers Association Wales
3 Coopers Yard
Telephone: 029 20 644308
Background of Organisation
The Ramblers' Association is Britain's biggest organisation working for walkers, a registered charity with 139,000 members across England, Scotland and Wales.
The Association has been looking after Britain's footpaths and defending its beautiful countryside for more than 65 years by:
- protecting Britain's unique network of public paths -- all too often, they are illegally blocked, obstructed and overgrown. We work with local authorities to make them a pleasure to walk on.
- providing information to help you plan your walk and enjoy it in safety and comfort.
- increasing access for walkers -- our work is helping to establish statutory rights of access to our countryside.
- safeguarding the countryside from unsightly and polluting developments so that walkers can enjoy its tranquillity and beauty.
- educating the public about their rights and responsibilities and the health and environmental benefits of walking so that everyone can enjoy our wonderful heritage.